I sent my grandson in for this so called special of 2 pairs of glasses for $69.00 with so called free exam.I am going to make it my business to make sure the whole world hears of this scam.

$85.00 for the exam which is above and beyond anybody else's if you do not want to pay a couple of hundred dollars for glasses. I think I am going to report this to the BBB just so I can calm down.

In the old days this was called bate & switch.Aren't you proud of yourself.

Had an Experience with Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses?

Comments

#242007

By spelling Bait wrong you show your ignorance. It's a business like any other business.If you are "forced" to get something you do not want or can't afford it is you that is weak.

i cannot believe the money i have spent there.the biggest rip off, i sent my glasses back, the frames were mangled, what did i get in return, somebody else s prescription, im sick over this place.

if this is Americas best i need to move to Afghanistan.the girls at the store were great, but the 3 year olds they have cutting the lenses please guys these are my eyes you are messing with,over 600bucks later :(

My husband went there sometime ago for the advertised "deal." After he'd chosen the frames they showed us these "coke bottle" lenses and said this is what his glasses would look like unless he chose to "upgrade" which was to the tune of a few hundred bucks!He said "no thanks, just give me the empty frames and my prescription." The sales person was totally befuddled!

He then took the frames (at the deal price after the free eye exam) and had the lensed put in by a reputable eye Dr.

at a fraction of the cost they quoted us.Total scam.

I went to am best today..the customer service wasn't perfect but I did get the 2 for 69 package. However just like anyother business they will try and add things on like the customer before me was doing the same package and the employee was showing her different frames and the price when she went to make a payment was 499..they talked her into more things such as scratch protection, bifocals and so on..but thats their job. I worked at radio shack we did the same thing there...sell sell sell!

#204702

If you think being the patient is bad, try working there! As a former employee, the experience was horrible! The pressure they put on you to sell items to patients that they don't need is unbelievable! It's unethical and yes, a subtle form of bait and switch, contrary to what they will tell you.

Every week they're on you as an employee about "your numbers" and quotas that you must meet. If you don't meet them, you get written up. Not sure how you make patients buy something they can't afford. They're in the store for the inexpensive prices the store advertises, yet if you give them that, the opticians get punished.

Glasses are passed that don't meet optical standards so that they don't have to do remakes. The lab work is shoddy at best on any given day.

Buyer and optician beware! Stay clear of this organization. They're a scam.

#200954

:eek 2 people $700+ later

#199795

I have 2 kids that need glasses, so I was trying to find somewhere more reasonable than the actual eye doctor.Well, my first stop was EyeMart, which advertised 2 for $59, well, they didn't have anything that was stylist for 2/59.

Second stop, AmBest and my 12 yr old daughter was in heaven, she was able to pick out 2/69 without any problems. I was in and out in no time.

I was so amazed to only pay $170 for 4 pairs of glasses.Of course, if I wanted transitions, and other features, I would have ended up paying more, but that was definitely not necessary.

#192726

There's a need to recognize certain individuals who do show professional service and genuine concern when a client walks in to get an eye exam. Unfortunately, I wish this was true for America's Best which is lacking in customer service from the front desk to the optometrist at the location I went to.

I took my daughter to America's Best and we had nothing but a great experience. We were greeted upon arrival and treated very well. We were told up front that the $69.99 deal is with two frames in the $49.99 selection. If we wanted other frames, it would be $89.99 for one frame at $49.99 and one at $59.99, or $99.99 for two frames at the $59.99 selection. We were out within 40 minutes of arriving there, exam, selection of frames and all.

I don't understand why so many people are so upset about this business. Don't blame the company if you don't know how to ask questions. And if you think that you are going to get a pair of glasses that you know is specialized, you've probably been wearing glasses for a while and should certainly know that they are going to be more expensive than their advertised special. Again, don't blame the company for your lack of common sense.

Here's an idea, call Vision World and ask them if you can get your no-line bifocals at their advertised 2 for $99 deal.

I think your grandson scammed YOU!It is definitely a FREE exam if he purchased 2 pairs of eyeglasses.

He probably told you they charged him for the exam and then went and bought himself a new playstation game.tisk tisk