Ok, so, I decided to get a new pair of eyeglasses at America's Best Eyeglasses & Contacts. It was the worst experience I have had with getting glasses. I don't even know where to begin.
I was ripped off.
I was lied to.
I was treated like ***.
1. I went in for the eye exam, the eye doctor rushed through the exam- it only took 10 mintues tops to examine my eyes. He was irritated that I couldn't decide on which lens I could see out of. (I saw him roll his eyes.)
2. During the exam they try to tack on all kinds of extra exams for more money.
3. I finally make my frame selections, sit down and they add $300.00 in warranties and extras. I said no to all. I stated that I wanted the deal $69.99 with a free eye exam. I did add the anti-glare. The total was $114.00. They wanted the full amount up front.. that was odd... but I paid it.
4. You get what you pay for.
5. I go to pick them up. I can't see right through them. They said give it time, I did, I took them back and asked that they check the prescription to my old pair. They claim it was the same prescription, yet I could not see right.
6. They double checked - and then said they would change the "BASE CURVE" of the lens. A week passes, they never called me. I called them, went in...
7. I sit down. He hands me my new glasses full of dirt and grime. I said- do you expect me to see out of these? He said he would clean them. I said that would be nice. I left- gave the eye glasses 4 days time to adjust. I had a terrible time with my balance and I just could not see right at all.
8. I went back the second time. I told them they were not right. The return policy is 30 days grace, after that you cannot return and get your money back. It was 29 days since I paid. I asked for a refund. They granted the refund- but they deducted the horrible eye exam of $39.00 ( Basically I had to pay that) - for nothing... all my wasted time and energy. That a$$ eye doctor did nothing and they get their $39.00 for a horrible exam.
THE STORY IS NOT OVER!
So... I said, well if you are going to charge me $39.00 I am keeping all the eyeglass cases (there were 4 cases and 2 cleaning wipes) I whipped my glasses out of them and put the cases in my pocket, those idiots. *sigh*
THEN- they could not refund me the money right because I used the *** Boomertowne Visa Card on the payment toward the glasses LOL
It took 1/2 hour to get the cash back .
9. The guy comes out with all one dollar bills and fives and gives me $75.00
Not only was I ripped off, then they gave me a stack of ones and a gold one dollar coin LOL I am so digusted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. My philosophy is:
They were trying to get more money out of me. The 30 days would be up and they would have said, well we have to charge you for the change in your pair. Of course that will cost you more..............................
This place was so dirty about the whole thing.
DO NOT BUY EYEGLASSES FROM
AMERICA'S BEST EYEGLASSES AND CONTACTS
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE
THEY ARE CONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Review about: Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses Eye Exam.
Monetary Loss: $114.