New Orleans, Louisiana

I went to America's Best because I saw their TV ad for two pairs of glasses for $69.95.

Went to the Metarie, LA store and actually spoke to the store manager, Mr. Mike. I told him I had no health insurance (I am a self-employed seamstress)and I wanted that advertised special.

He told me I had to pay for the lenses for the glasses separately, and that each pair of lenses cost an additional $100. Therefore, I told him I could only afford to get one pair because of that price.

I thought I simply misunderstood their TV ad. After the eye exam, the worker there told me I had to get special plastic lenses. The total price for ONE pair of glasses, plus eye exam, was $212.33.

A couple of days later, I saw the TV ad again, and it distinctly says COMPLETE glasses, as does the website.

Nichole at customer service in Georgia very nice and tried to help me, but the Metarie store now claims I have to go back in and chose another frame (after Nichole told me I did not), meaning I will not have a pair of glasses to drive on a road trip of 750 miles. Watch out! Bait and switch in Metarie -- they upsell all kinds of eyeglass club and special plastic lenses THAT YOU DO NOT NEED! and then give you a problem if you simply want their advertised price.

Review about: Eyeglasses.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses?

Comments

Mike Hawthorne

Hi

If you just say I don't want the Polycarbonate lenses, (another way of saying plastic) I don't want a warranty or any coatings they will sell you 2 pair of glasses for 69.95.

Mike

Bob

AMERICA'S BEST is a JOKE!!Do yourself a favor and steer clear.

ALL of the employees move at ONE pace... SLOW! 40 minutes after my appointment time I went to speak with someone and they said... there is ONLY two more people in front of you.

I just spoke with corporate and they could care less, they said that a forty minute wait is acceptable. Well, I disagree! I have never seen such a lack of professionalism. AMERICA'S BEST is a NIGHTMARE.

Mark my words...I WILL NEVER BE BACK!!!

Emily

They can advertise 2 pairs for $69.95 BUT you have to pick the ONE pair of frames in the store that are that price. I've been going ABC&E for 16 years out of habit and 90% of my experiences are ok. I wish I didn't feel like everyone working there was a high school dropout.

james c

went to the peoria, illinois to see if there prices was true..the manager stayed on the phone for 10 mins.

before greeting me. I asked whom i was speaking to, she sd with a rude, southern voice, the manager!

i she acted like i confused, then she gv me prices, then sd left to talk to another person..she was rude :?

josh w

:cry services, was unprofessional..treated me like i didnt understand bifocals!

manager was rude as ***..

need to hire new managerment...show sum professionalism

jenny walsh

went to one in peoria, illinois..the manager was rude an assisatnces manager, optician was slow, didnt know the prices!

the other employess was looking at facebook..

wht the ***...so I left an went to Illinois Eye

Steven

A couple of years ago, chevy ran a special where if you bought a tahoe, you got a car for free.I truly believe most of you cheap and clueless consumers would go buy a tahoe and then ask when your free corvette would be ready.

The free car was an Aveo. If you shop like a cheap POS, you get cheap pos.

The sales associates at AB are trying to get you into eyewear that fulfill your needs so that you dont look like a clown with your inch thick plastic plus 5s.I am sure you are all ugly and therefor dont care about looks, but come on, the test of us have to look at you.

aw

I kept telling them I want that 2 for $69.They really don't explain all the charges!

Mine came to about $210 and the frames are cheap looking!I will never suggest America's Best Eyeglasses to anyone!

itsalright

i went to best in mn, rosedale in harmar mall.They were good, the eye exam did take long but i only paid $20 for my contacts..

Colored and 20 pairs..

It was good, i would ttly go back..:)

Bad service and managers

Went to get my eye glasses adjusted and get my follow up exam done..waited there forever and same with adjustment.Waited over 2 hours saw the doctor for not even 5 minutes then waited some more for me glasses to get adjusted.

When it was finally my turn to get adjusted...The optician took her precious time and in the mean time she also scratched my left lens. I noticed it right before I was leaving and she tried telling me that she didn't scratch them they were already scratch and wasn't responsible for any damages. I was like WTF...You better get ur manager and fix this it wasn't scratch when I brought them in! After another 45 minutes the general manager said she would give me 15% off my next purchase..

I was like how does that help.

These are expensive frames and lenses, why would I get a whole new part from them..Will never go back to that location.Blaine, MN the managers are always in the office making conversation about personal matters while the employees run the store..