Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses - americas best eye glasses. what a rip off

Jan 09, 2009

I got the ad, checked on the internet, 2 complete pairs of glasses - bifocal- $99.99.Yea right!

what a rip off. I drove 45 miles each way only to end up paying $260.00 plus dollars. i asked what happened to the $99.99 for 2 complete pairs? She couldn't explain it.

Said it was because i got the hidden bifocal, i said your ad stated regular glasses were to be $69.99 for 2 complete pair and bifocal was to be $99.00 for 2 pair. She never really did explain the pricing and it was very confusing. Ad also stated FREE eye exam. The eye exam was only free if you took the 2 pairs which would of cost over $300.00!

Then you had to pay for each individual test.The doctor was good, but I could of went to walmart for half of what i paid!

60b4264
Review #143974
1.5
I had the same issue 0
Had an experience with Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
YankeeRose

Jan 16, 2013 Hudson, New Hampshire

You goT PROGRESSIVE LENSES THAT IS WHY IT COST 300.00.iF YOU HAD GOTTEN lined bifocals IT IS 69.00!It's your own fault & you sure *** *** didn't have to pay 300.00 if you didn't want to!SOME PEOPLE WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE INGRATES! :grin

secretinfo

Mar 07, 2012

Very few people know that Americas Best was kicked out of the State of New York (over 20 years ago) for false advertising / bait and switch etc. They simply set up shop in States with small, underfunded, regulatory agencies.
If they are located in your State... beware they are still using the same deceptive tricks

Donald Gaines

Jan 06, 2012

That is when you tell them where to sick their *** and walk out do not ever pay for them I won't. :(

loretta

Sep 14, 2011

the worst all around product and service I have ever experienced since wearing eyeglasses.

respond

Mar 26, 2011

People, take responsibility for your own actions and choices. Have any of you ever heard of due diligence? (Probably not considering the grammar used)Educate yourselves.

Lost Eyes

Mar 26, 2011

At least you got some glasses, they lost
mine 2 different times. They blamed it on
the postal service.
Lost eyes

Maddie

Feb 24, 2011

I purchased two pair of glasses from American Best. In both pair it look like the lenses are coming out of the frame. Took them back twice to American Best they assured me that the way they suppose to be and that my frames was thinner then the lenses. Shouldn't they told me that before hand??? I took them to Kaiser and had them look at them they told me that they was not right. I ended up buying new glasses with Kaiser. what a rip off at American Best.

Patricia

Feb 21, 2011

I took my brother to America's Best in Oxon Hill approx 2 years ago. Same story as the rest of ya'll - long wait, bad service and steep price for 2 glasses for the price of one. He didn't complain about the prescription, so I guess he's cool with seeing. But, I am in need of glasses and I don't plan to shop there. I was glad to see your complaints because I was on my way there. I guess its back to Lenscrafters and Hour Eyes which is bad, too.

Please do everyone a favor - when you make a public statement, please check your spelling. I could not understand some of your comments. (It could be the glasses?)

lw

Feb 18, 2011

:sigh, to miss get a life..when I buy something that you advertise. I exspect for it to be a honest price. If I was rich I would have went somewhere else but unfortunately I have to deal with dirt bags that lie. Not only do they lie about the price but then they lie about how long it will take to get them. You can be snobby about it but you are supposed to be honest. America was not founded from a lie. God will get them for it in the end.

db

Dec 22, 2010

no matter where you go, the prices are all
simillar unless you can put up with those
thick nasty cheap pairs they advertise, yea
the ones in the ad for 2 pair 69.00

nothing nice is that cheap, nowhere, not
for a decent pair.

Get a life

Jan 20, 2010

Iv worked in the optical industry for about 4 years now. To many people go to places like americas best knowing NOTHING about their eyes expecting to get something for nothing. yeah you can get the 2 for 69, IF you dont mind you lenses thick BECAUSE YOUR prescription is THICK. Do your homework and educate yourself on lense materials and the such

Lauren

Nov 23, 2009

Having the same experience in SC; with this many complaints America's Best...wake up!

0 0 Reply
Taken twice, and the doc's in

Oct 10, 2009

"ALL ABOUT THE UP-SALE"
Visit 1
The Roosevelt Blvd. is running game! I took a family member in need in for the $69, 2 pair special. When the woman couldn’t up-sell me on anything, her attitude towards us became rude, disinterested. She did not even speak to us beyond that point (not while we paid, not while she handed the receipt to sign, no goodbye, "Thank you for shopping with us." nothing.

Visit 2
Isolated incident? No way... Front desk tells us contacts start around $14. After paying for the exam, they are $28 for the right eye and $28 for the left eye (their house brand). I ask for the lower priced ones she say that there are none, I'm mistaken. Fine, instead "we'll take these glasses for the $69, 2 pair deal." She says "oh no, see these frames will be $89 cause the colors are different." I said, " well they were on the wall that says $69, and in fact the prices listed on the glasses are less than the $69?" She says, " That's not how it works." So we reselected the right colors; the price now… around $240!!! (She slams a really thick lens on the counter "unless you want these." What kind of game are you running? "Oh, her prescription is a little complicated. What a lie! Her prescription is almost the simplest on the planet. I spoke to the doctor while in the room who said a little adjustment would make her 20/20. So I said I want to speak again to the doctor. "Well, he has a lot of people to see" she says. I said, "I will wait,
... Show more

Ripped off

Oct 04, 2009

Which store do you work at Kim?

So true

Sep 22, 2009

Yes there are different frames and lenses. The sad truth about Americas Best is they get you in there with the cheap advertisement and then jack up the price anyway they can and mess up your order on top of it. Bad experiences if you go there!

kim

Aug 31, 2009

people who where glasses need to realize that not all frames/lenses can be the same price. Progressive lenses are Much more expensive anywhere you go! There's a big difference from reg. bifocals to progressives.

×
You were reading a complaint about Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses.
Filing a new complaint about
×