I just had my second bad experience at Americas Best in Des Moines, IA.I was suckered in by there :Free Exam and 2 pair of Eye glasses for $69.95" what they don't tell you is that only certain pair of glasses fall under their promotion but you don't find that out until you have picked your glasses and since their "69.95" sings are all over the store you can not really tell which are the ones on sale.
Furthermore if you wear contacts and check it off on their exam sheet it cost you an additional $100 MORE!! again, you don't find this out until you are done!! to save you money they give you a membership which entitles you to free future exams for the next three years. I walked out with ONE pair of glasses and one box of contact with a #267.00 dollar bill!
I figure since I pretty much got ripped off the first time and had their free exam this year i went back today. The so called doctor sat me down and flipped the lens ONCE and asked the normal questions "better or worse" then he said, ok, you're done. I thought he was kidding.
I will be filing a consumer report with the Polk County General attorney.In the meanwhile i will be going to a real Eye care facility like Walmart!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Exam And Services
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I *really* hate these guys. They are the WORST! Earlier this year I got my eyes checked by a new optometrist because my doctor that I had for years had..."
- "I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90..."
- "I was called by VisionWorks at Town Center Mall telling me that they made a mistake on one of the two pairs of eyeglasses I purchased, saying that they made..."
- "Ordered a large hand tossed pepperoni pizza from the Knoxville Iowa Pizza Hut, was burnt to a crisp when delivered. Called them back and they knew it was burnt as..."
- "We buy the 45 calorie bread. The last loaf I bought i couldnt use for sandwiches which is why I buy bread. It had huge air pocket holes in it...."
- "Two weeks ago I was on my 30 minute lunch break and decided to go to Taco Bell, which is a 3 minute drive from where I work. When..."
- "we ordered 4 blinds online and were charged $132.00 dollars for them which we promptly paid. Two days later we received a call that due to a computer glitch in..."
- "Buyer beware. I recently purchased an area rug from Rugs USA. I made the mistake of waiting to take the rug out of the packaging until the room for which..."
- "we bought a reclining couch and love seat and a matching recliner. The love seat was defective and we were shipped a new one several weeks later this new one..."