Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses - America's Best eyeglasses bait and switch
I went to America's Best because I saw their TV ad for two pairs of glasses for $69.95.
Went to the Metarie, LA store and actually spoke to the store manager, Mr. Mike. I told him I had no health insurance (I am a self-employed seamstress)and I wanted that advertised special.
He told me I had to pay for the lenses for the glasses separately, and that each pair of lenses cost an additional $100. Therefore, I told him I could only afford to get one pair because of that price.
I thought I simply misunderstood their TV ad. After the eye exam, the worker there told me I had to get special plastic lenses. The total price for ONE pair of glasses, plus eye exam, was $212.33.
A couple of days later, I saw the TV ad again, and it distinctly says COMPLETE glasses, as does the website.
Nichole at customer service in Georgia very nice and tried to help me, but the Metarie store now claims I have to go back in and chose another frame (after Nichole told me I did not), meaning I will not have a pair of glasses to drive on a road trip of 750 miles. Watch out! Bait and switch in Metarie -- they upsell all kinds of eyeglass club and special plastic lenses THAT YOU DO NOT NEED! and then give you a problem if you simply want their advertised price.1063f731 review #174253
You may also like
- "I recently bought the Slim6 video program however when I was purchasing I almost decided to cancel due to 100000s of offerings until you get to the final purchase process. They..."
- "Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:53:38 -0600RE: LIFE CLEANSE, ACAI BERRY SCAMI was suppose to cancel this product (Acai Berry, Life Cleanse) within 15 days. I could not because..."
- "Posture Pal inventors legal battles may not be over. Posture Pal inventor, Mr. Geisert, also sent a Cease and Desist warning to Posture Pro posture analysis developer, Dr. Joseph..."
- "I paid for same day... It was guaranteed to be delivered before noon... Was delivered (confirmation from recipient, not your company... 4 hours late of the time that was guaranteed...."
- "LAZADA RETURN POLICY SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! I have placed an order thru lazada on feb 10. They have sent confirmation on the same day. I find it funny that they were..."
- "My daughter's chicken nugget was bitten off of at the Collins Ms store when I received hear 10 piece meal hears a picture I will not go back there anymore..."
- "I purchased a card loaded my money on the card when I scratched if the tag there was four numbers missing and funds were never received and I want my..."
- "Do not buy furniture from Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Their sales people lie to try to get you to buy their Extended Warranty by claiming all the crazy things they cover..."
- "I ordered on line flowers for my daughter for Valentine's Day but requested delivery on 2/13 -- thinking would avoid the rush. The flowers were delivered on 2/10 and the..."