Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses - America's Best eyeglasses bait and switch
I went to America's Best because I saw their TV ad for two pairs of glasses for $69.95.
Went to the Metarie, LA store and actually spoke to the store manager, Mr. Mike. I told him I had no health insurance (I am a self-employed seamstress)and I wanted that advertised special.
He told me I had to pay for the lenses for the glasses separately, and that each pair of lenses cost an additional $100. Therefore, I told him I could only afford to get one pair because of that price.
I thought I simply misunderstood their TV ad. After the eye exam, the worker there told me I had to get special plastic lenses. The total price for ONE pair of glasses, plus eye exam, was $212.33.
A couple of days later, I saw the TV ad again, and it distinctly says COMPLETE glasses, as does the website.
Nichole at customer service in Georgia very nice and tried to help me, but the Metarie store now claims I have to go back in and chose another frame (after Nichole told me I did not), meaning I will not have a pair of glasses to drive on a road trip of 750 miles. Watch out! Bait and switch in Metarie -- they upsell all kinds of eyeglass club and special plastic lenses THAT YOU DO NOT NEED! and then give you a problem if you simply want their advertised price.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I bought my Magic Massage Ultra from the Enovative Technologies LLC booth in a Dallas trade show for $400 ( Can be found on Living Social for $20 ***..."
- "Following a internet review I ordered the clw059-c from Rpgshow company. After more than 3 MONTHS DELAY (too many orders I told), telephone calls and angry emails, I finally received last..."
- "For a democratic country and kapatalistic system we often think people of the Netherlands are lovable and appreciate talent and good looking people. On the contrary Dutch people are often..."
- "I'm highly recommening for anyone thinking to take any trip on Megabus especially out of New Orleans not too. You'll be standing out in the elements for hours . In..."
- "We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS30IXWHO at Lowes two years ago. At the time we relied on the salesperson's recommendation and the reputation of the brand...."
- "I spent $58 for a rather simple, small bouquet with a balloon to be delivered to my boss for his birthday; the order was placed 2 days in advance of..."
- " They charged me $149 for their "service." They were bad dudes. Next day my call to them at wrong number was intercepted by brisco Tech as a subcontractor of Microsoft. They..."
- "Todd M Wittmann is a disbarred attorney from Oklahoma. He now resides in Orem, Utah (trying) to do paralegal work. He is a *** man and has several felonies in..."
- "Purchased sofa. Within a couple weeks, the USB port broke and my elbow went through the armrest. Called them, sent out a "tech" which was a delivery driver who looked..."