Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses - America's Best eyeglasses bait and switch
I went to America's Best because I saw their TV ad for two pairs of glasses for $69.95.
Went to the Metarie, LA store and actually spoke to the store manager, Mr. Mike. I told him I had no health insurance (I am a self-employed seamstress)and I wanted that advertised special.
He told me I had to pay for the lenses for the glasses separately, and that each pair of lenses cost an additional $100. Therefore, I told him I could only afford to get one pair because of that price.
I thought I simply misunderstood their TV ad. After the eye exam, the worker there told me I had to get special plastic lenses. The total price for ONE pair of glasses, plus eye exam, was $212.33.
A couple of days later, I saw the TV ad again, and it distinctly says COMPLETE glasses, as does the website.
Nichole at customer service in Georgia very nice and tried to help me, but the Metarie store now claims I have to go back in and chose another frame (after Nichole told me I did not), meaning I will not have a pair of glasses to drive on a road trip of 750 miles. Watch out! Bait and switch in Metarie -- they upsell all kinds of eyeglass club and special plastic lenses THAT YOU DO NOT NEED! and then give you a problem if you simply want their advertised price.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Got my Instyler about four years ago. I was excited and couldn't wait to use it. Do not use it anymore. Due to the first few weeks after using it,..."
- "Same thing happened to me, the day after I had them put in my hair was too frizzy and got tangled literally ever hour, I would run my fingers through..."
- "Posture Pal inventor Chris Geisert has recently started selling his Posture Pal forward head posture cushion again after a long legal battle against Bernard Brown who was demoted by Geisert..."
- "thanks for answering all my questions ,well the reason why i ask you all those questions is to make sure that my puppies are going to a nice and caring..."
- "Furniture was 8 wks late. Ween they removed the couch off the truck the bottom had been destroyed by a fork lift. They broke the both center braces. Bari said..."
- "HIS Publishing is a small children's book publisher. Recently reordered books from Crossblue Printing in CA but printed in China. Initial review of the production quality didn't reveal any..."
- " I'm pissed off I took a uber all the way out here to get tested for a job the at the front desk was so rude to me! He..."
- "I ordered a rug from Bellacor. Wonderful folks when ordering. However, when the rug arrived with the fringe damaged....customer service supervisor was AWFUL! There was red rug..."
- "I've been using L'oreal since I'm 16 years old. I never had any problem with it. Last Friday Aug. 29, 2015 I decided to buy one at Walmart in preparation..."